1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2008 10:56 AM by Newsgroup_User

Using CFFILE To Upload a Full Directory

klltkd
      I am attempting to build a process to load multiple files from a directory. It is easy enough to use looping processes with multiple <input type="file".... tags (or even a single tag looped over multiple times) in both the form and the action page.

However, I want to use a single action to load all files in a specified directory on the client desktop to the server. Is there a standard process or does anyone know a CFC or CFX tag? Note, this will be used with both MX7 and CF 5 servers.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Using CFFILE To Upload a Full Directory
          Level 7
          klltkd wrote:
          > I am attempting to build a process to load multiple files from a directory. It
          > is easy enough to use looping processes with multiple <input type="file"....
          > tags (or even a single tag looped over multiple times) in both the form and the
          > action page.
          >
          > However, I want to use a single action to load all files in a specified
          > directory on the client desktop to the server. Is there a standard process or
          > does anyone know a CFC or CFX tag? Note, this will be used with both MX7 and CF
          > 5 servers.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

Unless you are working within a well defined network where ColdFusion
          can access the client machine by UNC path, then ColdFusion is not
          involved in this. You are looking for a client solution that will
          create the upload. After that it looks the same to ColdFusion.

I am not personally aware of any client tools like you describe. There
          are security concerns when one makes it too convienant to
          programatically select what is uploaded to a remote computer.