1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2011 10:13 AM by Frustrated in AZ

how to download book via ADE?

andersoke

I bought a book about 1 year ago and saved on my computer. I now want to read it and when I tried to open it up it said I needed to download ADE. So I did and now I need to know how to be able to read the book. i.e. I don't know you to get a book so I can read it from the adobe file saved on my computer.

• 1. Re: how to download book via ADE?
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I gather you're fairly new to ebook reading, so let me start by assuming

that you're using a Windows computer, that you know how to manipulate files

and folders using the utility software (Windows Explorer, or My Computer),

and that you've registered your copy of ADE with Adobe.  If you haven't

registered your copy, you might be asked to do that when you open ADE to

start the process below.  I'll also assume that you haven't used ADE

before.  It has a Help function, which you can access from any of its

screens by pressing the 'F1' key.  Let me assume also that you might not

have an ereader - yet.  Let's start here, and load the ebook into ADE.  We

can go through the process to transfer it to an ereader afterwards.

ADE has a feature called 'Add Item To Library', which you access from the

Library View screen that comes up when you open ADE.  Just put your cursor

on the small arrow next to the word 'Library', and a drop-down menu will

appear,  Click on 'Add Item To Library' and ADE will display a system screen

that will let you go find the ebook title.  Then, double-click on 'Save',

and the ebook will be added to your library.  You can use ADE from there to

open and read the ebook.

Hope this helps!

=============