2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2011 12:05 AM by Mylenium

"Reverse" Text Tracking?

Square Leaf

Hi All,

I have text sliding in from the left side of the screen to the right. Once it gets to the right-ish side of the screen I have the tracking animated so that the letters "squish up" on top of eachother to the right and then bounce back to their original proper tracking distance to the left.

I'd like to do this in reverse, but can't figure out how to achieve the effect. Slide in from the right to left, stop @ the left-ish side, pile up/squish on top of eachother and then bounce back out to the right. 

Let me be clear, I don't want to use scaling to get the effect, I have the letters sliding into/nehind eachother and then going back to their original tracking distance. I've tried moving the pivot of the text but that does nothing. Any help is appreciated!

S

• 1. Re: "Reverse" Text Tracking?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not exactly how you're doing your original animation but I expect that you're using text animators for position and tracking. Put tracking in Animator 1 but don't animate the range selectors, animate the tracking value. Don't use a text animator for position, just animate the text layer's position property. Make sure that the text is left justified.

Screen Shot 2011-10-28 at 10.48.38 PM.png

That should do it.

• 2. Re: "Reverse" Text Tracking?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Why not simply reverse the text animators, i.e.  animate the End parameter instead of the Start and similar? Looks like you're missing the obvious...

Mylenium