3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2011 9:28 AM by Stuffe.dk

Is this possible?

Flash Pro might be the wrong section for this question, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I want to have two clients voice chat, I will need a central server to dish out IPs for that to work out right?

Also unless I route all the streaming through the central server, won't there be problems incomming connections and peoples firewalls and such?

I would ideally want to host it on a PHP shared host, could that be done?

Also if anyone is interested in coding such a project, I might have a job for

• 1. Re: Is this possible?
          Peter Celuch Level 4

If you want to send audio / video data from one client to the other, you have three options:

1) use media server

- paid service (the mor users / data, the more expensive)

- no problems with connection

- data flow through the server

2) use peer-to-peer (P2P) connection

- free

- it's still in Adobe Labs, so if adobe decides to cancel whole project and you build your project upon it, you have a problem

- trehe are some problems with hardware configuration of the network, not all users have guaranteed connection

- data flow directly from client to client

3) combine the two

- use P2P conenction for majority of users

- for those users that can't establish P2P connection, use media server sollution (connection can be probed)

- no problems with connection

- semi-paid service, cheaper than media server alone

• 2. Re: Is this possible?
            Stuffe.dk Level 1

Thank you so much for your answer.

Now some bonus questions

Where do I find the best place to hire someone for a flash job like this?

And what might it roughly cost?

• 3. Re: Is this possible?
              Stuffe.dk Level 1

After googling a bit myself I found an apropriate site for hireing freelancers.