3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2011 8:34 PM by the_wine_snob

delete and close gap doesn't

novaboy5 Level 1

When I delete a clip the gap does not close.  I held the shift ctrl key down one time and now the ripple effect seems to be off.

Michael

• 1. Re: delete and close gap doesn't
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

The most common reason that gaps do not close, is that there is either an Audio Clip that "covers" the gap, or perhaps Video that does.

Is either the case in your instance?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: delete and close gap doesn't
            novaboy5 Level 1

It's audio clips.  My audio is separate from the video so that solves that problem. I managed to do a reasonable facsimilie of the Mary Tyler Moore credits for our parody video.It's not perfect, but it does the job.   Michael

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:25:45 -0600

To: mgbennett44@hotmail.com

Subject: delete and close gap doesn't

Re: delete and close gap doesn't

created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Michael, The most common reason that gaps do not close, is that there is either an Audio Clip that "covers" the gap, or perhaps Video that does. Is either the case in your instance? Good luck, Hunt

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3997474#3997474

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3997474#3997474. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 3. Re: delete and close gap doesn't
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

I guessed that it was either Audio (first guess), or maybe some overlay Video (second guess), and either can really mess up the "Delete and Close Gaps." While that feature is very good, there are several possible scenarios, that will keep it from working, as one expects it to.

Glad that all is working well for you.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt