Although you are using the trial version, you can apply the patches.
I think you will find that 7.0.2 will fix it. You need to apply 7.0.1 first.
Unfortunately, the trial version has expired so we can't use it any more. Waiting for the purchased one to try.
But I wonder how to find and apply the 7.0.1 patches? Has 7.0.2 be released? Are you sure or just guess this bug will be fixed in 7.0.2?
The version I bought is RoboHelp 7. I'm not sure if it's 7.0.1 or 7.0.2, or other version. Do you know?
Sorry for so many and maybe simple questions to you but I actually don't know much about software (but have to use RoboHelp 7 for work purpose), so appreciate your patience to answer in detail. Thanks again!
After keying in your licence when you get the full version, you don't need to reinstall, go to Help | Updates and the patches should install.
7.0.2 is released. I cannot guarantee it will fix the problem but my understanding is that problem is fixed.
Go to my site and look at Using RH7. Details of both patches are there.
Many thanks, Peter.
We got license today and installed the patches by going to Help-Update. Unfortunately, search still doesn't work properly as before.
Also I had a look at 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 readme and didn't see the fixed issues include this one.
What's more, I heard from another friend that had the same issue in compiled Simplified Chinese WebHelp.
So I'm almost sure this is a bug that is not fixed so far. Do you know how I can report this bug to Adobe or get their confirmation about this?
I'll make some enquiries.
Post back if you don't hear from me in a couple of days.
Got a reply quicker than expected.
This is a problem with webhelp that Adobe are aware of but I cannot give you any indication of when it will be fixed.
I wonder if using ZoomSearch might be an acceptable alternative. It is described on my site and there is a free version that is limited on the number of pages it will work with. That will at least allow you to test it.
ZoomSearch is in use on my site and there is an article on making it work with RoboHelp.
Thanks for helping confirm with Adobe. I may have a look at ZoomSearch later.
You know, this bug is major for Simplified Chinese as one character usually doesn't make sense in Chinese.
Chinese word or phrase usually has two or more characters.
I really hope this bug can be fixed soon. The license I bought is so costly!
Old thread but the issue seems to remain the same:
In Chinese (I do 3 variants) it is only possible to search for single characters.
(using Robohelp 7.02.001, on XP)
I tried Search in a few other languages too.
- Korean seems to work
- I cannot get any search results in Thai: single characters or single words.
Reported this to the address that Peter gave, above.
I think I saw somewhere that this is something to do with Chinese not having word endings as we understand them. I believe it was in these forums but not sure.
Maybe one of your translation colleagues can advise?
If that is the case, then the help should state there is an issue searching with Chinese.
ZoomSearch has a lot of information about searching. I wonder if http://www.wrensoft.com has information about this.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
That is probably it: Chinese and Thai are the only languages that I have, with no spaces between words. Or very few anyway.
I manage to find a couple of phrases in the Thai help, that Search finds. Apparently, words that do appear separated with spaces. The Thai for "and" is one:
" Windows 7 N และ Windows 7 KN".
The same thing does not work in Chinese (tried Simplified Chinese)
Looks like IE and Firefox on my XP computer (with good language support) manage to do line breaks in word-size chunks in Thai, when I resize the window. No clue where that capability resides. Chinese goes character by character, even where I recognize a multi-character word.