I should add that once the emulator is open, if I keep it open and run the build/emulate again, I get a message from Dreamweaver saying "Running app in android emulator" and then "The emulation of Testing has been completed successfully", but the app never does show up in the emulator...
I'm having the same problem. It says it is successful, but I don't see the app on the emulator.
cymbals - I found out the problem in my case. It might help you too, if you just recently downloaded and installed the newest Android SDK:
Check out this article:
Specifically, look for the part that says "The latest Android SDK introduced an additional parameter that is not yet supported by the PhoneGap integration kit within Dreamweaver. You can fix this by updating the build.xml file for the application instance to override the “install” target and add the required dependencies which make this error go away."
Follow Andrew's instructions and you should be good to go. Worked great for me.
I would love to say that fixed it for me, but changing the build xml didn't do it. At least it is one more thing taken care of.
1 person found this helpful
update: Squiggy2 -
I am so relieved (and happy) now. I switched the AVD in the AVD Manager (Android Virtual Device Manager) to 2.3.3 API level 10, and the app got installed. Yay!