2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2011 2:16 PM by Steve Grisetti

MAC (PSE 11) vs PC version differences

riverdomehomehh3

I set up PSE 11 on my new MacBook Pro and I'm confused by the differences from the PC version I was using.

1. Do I have to open both the Organizer program AND the Editor program to be able to work in both?

2. I want to scan a photo from my scanner/printer, but I can't findmy scanner listed through Get New: from (location) while in Organizer. I'm used to scanning in photos through the Editor. Is Mac different?

• 1. Re: MAC (PSE 11) vs PC version differences
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How did you get version 11!? It won't be out for possibly another year!

But assuming you've actually got version 10, your questions mostly concern Photoshop Elements. This is the Premiere Elements forum.

But that said, the Elements Organizer installs right along with Photoshop Elements. It's part of the bundle.

Have you tried running your scanner from Photoshop Elements' File/Import/[Your Scanner]?

The program should have recognized your scanner when it installed and put a link to it in the plug-ins directory. If it did not, you may have to put it in there manually. But it definitely will work.

• 2. Re: MAC (PSE 11) vs PC version differences
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try this Muvipix.com fix.

Go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Support Files/Optional Plug-ins/Import Modules and copy TWAIN.plug-in.

Then go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Support Files/Locales/En_US/Plug-Ins/Import-Export and past TWAIN.plug-in inside. Then restart Photoshop Elements and it should be under the File menu, as I indicated above.