2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2011 6:10 PM by gtono

Boxed text as inline extending past margins?

gtono

Hi,

I actually have a few questions. I have a boxed caption with cornered edges. Once I set the box to cornered edges, my ability to change the inset spacing individually goes away. I want the left, right and top margins to be .15in, but the bottom to be smaller, about .12 in. Anyway to geet around this?

And, with this same type box, the box extends beyond the margins of the text that I want to place it in. Is there anyway to do inline graphics that extend beyond the left margin.

And, is there a way to set up a outlined box with rounded edges that increases/decreases in size as I flow in text. I'm thinking of maybe making it a table, but maybe there's a better way?

Thanks in advance for any resources you can point me to.

• 1. Re: Boxed text as inline extending past margins?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You can't adjust the frame insets, but you can increase the paragraph indents to increase the left and right indents overall while leaving the top and bottom alone.

The only thing that can go inline in text and extend beyond the margins is a table. You could add a one-cell table in a paragraph of its own (center aligned if you want it to extend beyond both margins) and paste your frame into that. Out of the box, there is no way to auto-fit a frame to text content as you type or place the text, but I believe Typefi has a plugin...

• 2. Re: Boxed text as inline extending past margins?
            gtono Level 1

Sweet! I'm going to work some more on this and try and figure out if I can accomplish what you've just outlined. Thanks for the quick response and the light!