4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 2:32 AM by yvon-labalue35

Rendering and deleting effects

yvon-labalue35

Hello !

Have you heard about  problems in applying effects in Premiere elements 10 :

-  if I apply an effect to any sequence (stabilizer or automatic contrast, by example) I cannot delete it using the delete button (trash bin)

- the rendering is lost when I re-open the project ... and it's a long process to render effects on HD films.

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Rendering and deleting effects
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say what operating system  you're using or what type of video you're editing and which settings your Premiere Elements project is using, but those things can make a huge a difference.

The ideal way to delete an effect is to open the clip in the Properties panel, click to select the effect listing (very important!), right-click on the effect listing and select Remove. Are you not able to do this?

If not, please provide us with more details about your computer, project and video and we may be able to help you out.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rendering and deleting effects
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

For the loss of Render files, where are they located on your system, through Edit>Preferences>Scratch Disks?

Is there either an external HDD, or networked HDD involved?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Rendering and deleting effects
              yvon-labalue35 Level 1

Thank you Steve and Bill, my mistake was to forget "click to select the effect listing (very important!)"

and that's all !

However, I still have the problem of loosing Render files .

My OS is Windows 7, the videos are AVCHD 1920x1080  and the Render files are located on the main internal internal disk

c:\user\yves\Adobe\Premiere elements\10.0\ 

Any idea ?

• 4. Re: Rendering and deleting effects
                yvon-labalue35 Level 1

Another piece of information : transitions are saved without any problem, and only effects are lost !

Thanks in advance for your help