2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 9:27 AM by Tetra1984

Would it be possible to edit a flash movie in flash catalyst?

Tetra1984

Can I create a file in flash catalyst that can load a flash movie?

Additionally, Can I have a button in Catalyst control the start and stop of a swf movie?

Thanks,
      Paul

• 1. Re: Would it be possible to edit a flash movie in flash catalyst?
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Flash Catalyst does support inserting SWF content. In addition, these swfs can be controlled in a limited fashion by Flash Catalyst. What you described is totally achievable with Flash Catalyst.

Good Luck!

Chris

• 2. Re: Would it be possible to edit a flash movie in flash catalyst?
            Tetra1984 Level 1

I am completely new to flash catalyst, and I am slowly learning, but I can't seem to get my swf file to reliably play and pause. Maybe you could walk me through this..

This is what I've done..

1st - I imported my swf movie

2nd - I made a button and added an interaction (On click, Play Action Sequence)

3rd - In the timeline I selected the action sequence I just made for my button and then selected my swf movie on the stage.

4th - Back in the timeline I clicked 'add action' > swf control > play - play()

5th - at the same point on the timeline I also added 'add action' > swf control > stop - stop()

When I tested my scene, It would start it then, stop it, but I couldn't click on it again to start it. What do I need to do to be able to click my play/pause button and start and stop the movie whenever I want?

Thanks,
            Paul