2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2012 9:50 AM by Dave LaRonde

After effects rendering resolution

grtownsend

I am using the warp stabilizer to stabilize some aerial footage, the footage is shot in high definition. However, when I render the footage I lose a lot of the resolution (Quality) within the video and it looks horrible.  I really need this footage to stay in HD.  Does anyone know an output that will guarantee me HD footage?

Thank you

• 1. Re: After effects rendering resolution
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Set your output to best quality and full resolution, not current settings and resolution. Also make sure your footage interpretation fits the source footage, in particular with fields involved. Of course there will always be a tiny loss of sharpness due to the warping, but otherwise AE does not reduce quality or resolution. It all depends on your settings. Maybe you should do a bit of reading in the help files on al lthat stuff...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After effects rendering resolution
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

If this footage is 1080 and not 720, AND you shot progressive scan and not interlaced, AND you didn't shoot 24p, make sure the field order is None in the interpret footage settings.

If it's 24p, you need to make sure the pulldown has been removed; if AE says it's still 29.97, you need to remove it.