5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 5:14 PM by

"Jump_to" suggestion

Back again with another idea for Kuler (so much easier to suggest than to implement!).

Add a 'Jump to' capability for moving through themes (Newest, Most Popular, Highest Rated, etc). I realized the other day while looking through 'Most Popular' that I rarely page past theme #100, or at most #200. While I probably have little interest in looking at the #55,000th most popular theme, I *do* have interest in checking out #200- #300, or maybe #400- #500.

So: Perhaps a 'Jump to #___', or offer 'Jump to 250, 500, 1000'

Personally, I like wandering the 'nooks and crannies' of places, hence the suggestion.
      --Bill
        • 1. "Jump_to" suggestion
          Tim Strickland Level 1
          Ever wanted to see the 100th, 1000th, or even the 10,000th theme without having to use the arrows to navigate through the long list ? Well now you can. Using the following search shortcuts it is now possible to easily jump to the n-th record in the popular, highest rated, and newest theme listings by entering the following into kuler's search field:

popular:[startIndex] (example - popular:1000)

rating:[startIndex] (example - rating:1000)

newest:[startIndex] (example - newest:1000)

And if that's too much text to type in, you can simply enter the first initial of the listing type followed by a colon and then the record number you wish to navigate to, similar to the following examples:

p:100 - this will navigate to the 100th popular theme

r:9999 - this will navigate to the 9999th highest rated theme

n:12345 - this will navigate to the 12345th newest theme

Note: the record count displayed at the bottom of the search results corresponds to the number of records from the first record indicated in you search query to the last record in the selected theme listing.

Happy Searching!

Tim Strickland
          lead kuler geek

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: "Jump_to" suggestion
            Was that just an amazing coincidence that I posted this topic, or have you been working on this awhile? Great stuff, thanks.

I'd mention: your examples show either 'no space' or 'space' between the colon and the number:
            p:10 or p: 10

After experimenting, the search seems to work fine where there is 'no space' ( p:10 ), but does not work if there is an intervening space.

Let's see now- you were so incredibly fast with that... what shall I wish for next? (Oh yes: please adapt Kuler to transfer funds into the billseymour account!)
            --Thanks. Bill
            • 3. Re: "Jump_to" suggestion
              Tim Strickland Level 1
              Good catch - I stripped out the spaces in my original post.

BTW this functionality has been available for awhile now, but has been buried in kuler talk as an easter egg.

Tim Strickland
              lead kuler geek

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: "Jump_to" suggestion
                Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
                Bill, I passed along your request to Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, just in case we don't get to it as quickly :-)
                Sami
                • 5. Re: "Jump_to" suggestion
                  Sami-
                  Thanks- I feel I'm in good hands between the Kuler techs and the 'big three'.
                  --Bill