2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 2:25 PM by zer0hvk

I'n having trouble making a pie chart animation.

zer0hvk Level 1

Hey everyone! You've always been helpful to me, so, I hope that maybe you can help me out with a doubt I have.

I'm making a pie chart, the thing is that there's around 3 pie charts in a scene, and I'm wondering about how I'd be able to do something that sounds simple but I have no idea how to approach it.

I want to make it so that one chart appears, the corresponding data related to it appears next to it, then, the data disappears, and the chart's amount to each piece of the pie, changes its size as it is in the next pie chart.

Here's what I'm working with:

Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 12.06.42 PM.png

So, I'd like it so that one chart appears, the data comes up, then, for example, the dark purple color on the right, "grows", and the other colors are pieces of the pie become compressed by the one which will be the next data point.

My problem is, I have no idea how to do this, how to mask a circular shape and have it grow or diminish without looking horrible, or being extremely time-consuming.

Can you guys help me out?

What would your workflow be if you had to work on this (the charts are Illustrator vector files)?

Thanks a lot in advance, you guys are awesome.