3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 7:07 AM by bogiesan

Shaking video?

Brenalim Level 1

I'm trying to do something pretty basic. i have an mpeg file (OTS of a guy working on a computer) and I've masked out the computer screen to overlay my own image. It's an MOV file (made 3D to angle correctly on the monitor). I've done this several times but this is the first time I've run into this problem. The mov file for the screen overlay is shaking/dancing/flickering... whatever you want to call it. The MOV file itself is fine, it only shakes when I bring it into after effects. Ideas?

I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!

• 1. Re: Shaking video?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What's shaking? The entire video or just the mask.

What camera was used to shoot the shot? Could the footage be interlaced?

• 2. Re: Shaking video?
            Brenalim Level 1

The mov file used to replace the image on the computer screen is shaking. The mask seems to be fine. I tried putting the deinterlace filter on the mov file but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Thanks for the reply!

• 3. Re: Shaking video?
              bogiesan Level 4

can you be more specific than "shaking?" That term doesn't help much since the artifiacts for interlacing, decompression, and scaling are dramatcially different but all might be called shake by the inexperienced.

You really don't need to make your monitor image 3D for this to work, just use corner pinning. Even if the shot has to track, corniner pinning usually works well.