6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 1:29 AM by Aniks

Slide Shows

nanaimo 1002

I created a slide show in Premiere Elements 10 (I am a new user of this software) but didn't have time to burn to a disk so I saved the slide show. A box came up to say it was saved to the media browser.

How can I get back to the slide show, with all the transitions and features I had added so that I can burn to a DVD? Thanks

• 1. Re: Slide Shows
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Did you create the SlideShow in the Organizer, or in the PrElements program?

If in the PrE program, when you did the Save, it should have Saved a PREL file (the Project file), and with the name of your Project, plus to the destination that you chose for the location of that Project.

It would seem, from the message, that you created this in the Organizer, is that correct?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Slide Shows
            nanaimo 1002 Level 1

Thanks Bill. I created the Slide Show in Premiere Elements 10 and a window did indicate that it had been saved to the Organizer media Browser. After I had saved the slide show I closed the program. Now I can't find how I can continue with the slide show and burn it to a DVD.

• 3. Re: Slide Shows
              the_wine_snob Level 9

That message puzzles me a bit, but let's see if we can find your PREL (Project) file, which should have been created, when you did a Save. What did you name that SlideShow Project?

When you launch Premiere Elements, you should have a couple of options: New Project, Open Project, Capture Video and then a list of Recent Projects. Let's start with Recent Projects. Do you see that SlideShow listed there?

If you do not, do you recall where you located the Project, when you did New Project to start it? If so, you can use Open Project to navigate to that location, and then Open that Project.

Maybe someone else will recognize that message, and it will trigger them to offer some more suggestions.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Slide Shows
                nanaimo 1002 Level 1

Thanks Bill for your response. I eventually found the slide show at the bottom of the browser!! But am having some problems burning to a DVD. It gets as far as writing the wmv file and saving it to My Videos but seems to stop there!!

I need to look up help and learn more about burning DVDs.

Thanks again for your help, Bob

• 5. Re: Slide Shows
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should not be creating a WMV if you're going to burn you file to a DVD. You should use the Send to Premiere Elements function and then burn yoru DVD from there.

Also, be sure, per the FAQs to the right of this forum, to ensure that all of your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size or your computer will likely choke trying to down-rez your slides.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Slide Shows
                    Aniks Level 2

If you want it to burn to DVD, simply open you slideshow .prel file and goto Share>Disc and burn a DVD.

creating a wmv wont help in burning a DVD.