6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 8:50 AM by zeradodich1

How to Reactivate CS5.5

Tuckerroad Level 1

Hi, I had a problem with Dynamic Link and advice on this  site suggested deactivating Premiere Pro and reactivating. After deactivating, PP launches but now with deactivate greyed out in the help menu. The question is how do I reactivate?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
          Mitch W Adobe Employee

Does Dynamic Link work now? If so, don't worry about decativate being greyed out. That's a separate thing. Premiere checks for internet access once it's been launched but it doesn't do it immediately. It can take a minute or two before deactivate is no longer greyed out.

• 2. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
            Tuckerroad Level 1

Thanks Mitch, yes it took a little while for deactivate to be available unfortunately the Dynamic Link problem still exists.

• 3. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
              Mitch W Adobe Employee

Yeah.. I suspected as much. Is it possible that you had a stand alone version of Premiere Pro or After Effects and then installed Master Collection or Production Premium over the top of it? Or maybe uninstalled but didn't permanently deactivate?

If you think that might be you, here's what you do:

Launch a non-video suite app like Photoshop and choose Help > Deactivate > Permanently Deactivate. Now close Photoshop. Now launch Premiere Pro. If you're prompted for a serial number, good. Dont' enter the serial and close Premiere Pro. Now launch After Effects and repeat the process. Do this same thing for every application in the suite. They should all prompt you for a serial number when they are launched. If any one of them launches without prompting to a serial number (primary concern here is Premiere Pro or After Effects), then there's another serial number still stored in the licensing database. Once you've identified that app, launch it and choose Help > Deactivate > Permanently Deactivate. This should remove any conflicting serials from the database.

Now launch any suite app (PPro, AE, PS, etc.) and enter your suite serial number at the prompt. Dynamic Link is a suite only feature and is keyed to the serial number you've used to install. If the database sees two serials, it get's confused and thinks it's a point product install. Cleaning out the license database by using the steps above and then reactivating with the suite serial should allow Dynamic Link to start working again.

• 4. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
                Tuckerroad Level 1

Mitch, thank you, that did the trick. Your help is much appreciated.

• 5. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
                  Mitch W Adobe Employee

Yeah.... I know. I'm awesome. Glad it worked for you.

• 6. Re: How to Reactivate CS5.5
                    zeradodich1 Level 1

My case is exactly like in your post!

But every suite has deactivate greyed out in the help menu.

What can i do?