Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Am planning to use Robohelp 9 for online help but I want to make sure it full fills my requirement

Here are few question that arised during analysis of the tool.

1. After generating Robo webhelp can I host it in both linux and windows server

2. How to jump to partcular topic from external link ( External link will be present in seperate application. This application is builded on flex and contain help link in all the screens. When user will click on any link it should jump to partcular topic in Robo webhelp

3. I noticed it's not working in chrome

4. My application is in english and Arabic apprently the  help should be in both English and Arabic. i,e ( LTR and RTL)

5. We would like to generate Robohelp from pdf document is there any guideline that we should take care while creating the pdf

6. I noticed Previous and Next topic is not working at all in any broswer.

8. TOC is not automatically created while importing the pdf document. We are creating TOC manually.

Your help will be apprecaited.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community;

sahil_trumboo wrote:

Dear All,

Am planning to use Robohelp 9 for online help but I want to make sure it full fills my requirement

Here are few question that arised during analysis of the tool.

1. After generating Robo webhelp can I host it in both linux and windows server

Yes, the web based output may be hosted in any type of web server.

2. How to jump to partcular topic from external link ( External link will be present in seperate application. This application is builded on flex and contain help link in all the screens. When user will click on any link it should jump to partcular topic in Robo webhelp

Take a look at these links:

Link number one

Link number two

3. I noticed it's not working in chrome

If you tested in local chrome (by running the help from your local C drive) it's a known issue and all help authoring tools have the same issue. The issue is with chrome and Google has no plans to fix it. The help should work fine in Chrome if you test by opening the help while it's on a web server.

4. My application is in english and Arabic apprently the  help should be in both English and Arabic. i,e ( LTR and RTL)

Sorry, I personally can't help you there. I believe there's an issue with the Arabic, but will have to defer to someone better versed in that area.

5. We would like to generate Robohelp from pdf document is there any guideline that we should take care while creating the pdf

Sorry, but I'm lost on that. Are you saying you want to create a PDF based on the content of a RoboHelp project? If so, that's certainly possible. Not sure what you mean by guidelines there.

6. I noticed Previous and Next topic is not working at all in any broswer.

That has mystified many a user. See if the link below helps with solving that.

Click here to view

8. TOC is not automatically created while importing the pdf document. We are creating TOC manually.

While there may be a way to create a TOC during import of a PDF, I've never really done it. TOC is easily created using a few other means in RoboHelp. You may click and drag topics to create a TOC and RoboHelp offers a way to automatically build a TOC for you by launching a wizard.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp