0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 12:40 AM by David1024Mac

Help with XMP Panels in Adobe BRidge

David1024Mac

Hi All

I'm trying to create a XMP Panel for Adobe Bridge, and I'm having a weird problem I'm hoping someone can answer.

The Panel is created, and works, I can change a metadata field and the metadta field gets saved correctly.

However, I need to change one of the metadata fields in code, and although it's changing thee text within the field, when I close the panel it doesn't update the metadata.

Here's a code sippet:

First the form Items:

<fi:XMPFormItem

id="ftitle"

label="$$$/xmp/sdk/custompanels/Dave3/Title=Document Title:"

labelTooltip="$$$/xmp/sdk/custompanels/Dave3/TitleToolTip=The title of the document, or the name given to the resource. Typically, it will be a name by which the resource is formally known.">

<fi:XMPTextInput id="docTitle"

xmpPath="dc:title"

xmpType="Localized"

change="changeMe(event)"/>

</fi:XMPFormItem>

<mx:FormItem label="Change Title">

<mx:Button label="Digital"

click="updateTitle(url.text)"

/>

</mx:FormItem>

And here's the function that changes the text:

private function updateTitle(url: String):void

{

var st: String = "Hello Folks";

docTitle.text = st;

docTitle.enabled = true;

}

As expected, the text in the docTitle field changes, but when I close the FIleInfo panel the changed text is not written to the file.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

David