• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlexUnit tests fail due to missing sound card on headless CI server

Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have set up Jenkins CI server with Xvnc to run FlexUnit tests during the build process.  Everything worked fine until I started working with Sound - now Flash Player is started, throws a bunch of errors complaining about the missing sound card (which obviously, a headless virtual server doesn't have), and stops execution of the tests entirely. 

I am working around this problem by only running sound-related tests on my local machine, but since the entire purpose of a CI server is to make sure every commit runs through ALL the available unit tests, I was wondering if there is any way to make Flash Player "think" a sound card is available, much in the same way that Xvnc allows me to work without a physical monitor.  Does anyone here have experience with this kind of problem?  Or better yet: Is there a best practice or solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

w3ltraumpirat

TOPICS
FlexUnit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the exact same problem.

Did you try to fake sound card?

http://serverfault.com/questions/166542/how-to-create-fake-sound-card-on-linux-server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines