1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 6:48 PM by Carl Sun

MXI and Flash Player Trust files

Richard Butler

I have an XMP FileInfo extension that needs to be installed into the user's Application Support/Adobe/XMP... folder, due to the users not having admin rights to their machines. Using the following entry in the MXI works fine:

<file destination="$userroamingfolder/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels/3.0/panels"... />

A requirement of FileInfo panels is the install of a corresponding Flash Player Trust .cfg file, which needs to reside in the user's /Application Support/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust folder. With this entry that's, again, fine:

<file source="mypanel.cfg" destination="$userlibraryfolder/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust" />

However, this Flash Player Trust file needs to simply contain a path to the .swf of the panel that's been installed, e.g.

/Users/johndoe/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Custom File Info Panels/3.0/panels/mypanel/bin/mypanel.swf

What I'm struggling with, is how to inject, tokenise or script the above reference to the user folder, within this file. I've tried simply using ~/Library/Application Support... but Flash Player seems to want the full absolute path. I guess I'm looking for a way to intruct Extension Manager to run a shell script or similar after installing the extension.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

• 1. Re: MXI and Flash Player Trust files
          Carl Sun Level 4

We have received the exactly same requirement from internal team, we will support automatic generation of trust file in Extension Manager CS6. Currently Extension Manager doesn't support running shell script or other post processing of extension installation. I am afraid you have to make your own installer to achieve it before Extension Manager CS6 is released.