7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2011 5:53 AM by rodgerssouth

Slide show

rodgerssouth

I can't find how to create a slide show in PE9 in a 16x9 format.  All I see is the routine DSLR shape.  I have cropped my images to 16x9.  How do I get there?  That's the shape of most televisions today and it's nice to eliminate the black  bars on the side of the screen.

• 1. Re: Slide show
          the_wine_snob Level 9

How do you plan on delivering your SlideShow, i.e. DVD, BD, Online?

Do you have any video in the Project, or is it all still images?

The answers to those two questions will direct us to help you pick a Project Preset.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Slide show
            rodgerssouth Level 1

My plan is to put on to DVD.  Also, I would like to include some of the video I have on my HD video camera.  I used both during a trip to Ecuador.

• 3. Re: Slide show
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This complicates things a bit.

I would recommend that you first convert the HD to standard def video and then work with both the video and photos in a standard definition video file (since your end product will be standard def).

What model of camcorder is it? That will determine how to convert it to standard video.

For your project, you should set it up using the project settings for standard DV Widescreen. It's important that you do this at the beginning because you can't change these settings midway through.

Also, before you import the photos into your project, be sure to go to Edit/Preferences and ensure that Scale Stills to Frame Size in UNchecked.

And, of course, ensure your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Slide show
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Rodgers,

That helps, and thank you.

If you ONLY had the Still Images, you would just choose either the NTSC, or PAL DV Widescreen Project. With HD Video, you have two choices, and the choice is yours:

• You could choose the appropriate HD Preset, Import your Video, and then Scale your Stills to match that HD Preset, say to 1920 x 1080 Square Pixels, and Import them, to create the combo SlideShow w/ Video.
                • Or, you could do two Projects. In the first, you would choose the appropriate HD Project Preset, Import the Video, and edit, as necessary, then Export/Share to DV-AVI Widescreen. For the Sill Images, you would choose the NTSC, or PAL Widescreen Preset, Import the Still Images, Scaled to no more than 1000 x 750 Square Pixels, and arrange them, as needed, then Import that DV-AVI Widescreen Video (the output from Project A).

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

[Edit] :Looks like there is an echo in the forum today... Steve types faster, than I do.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt

• 5. Re: Slide show
                  rodgerssouth Level 1

Thank you very much Steve,

I have a Canon Vixia HF M31 and its video is output in  AVCHD.

George

• 6. Re: Slide show
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I recommend that latter.

Assuming you've shot your video in FXP or MXP stereo mode, open a project using settings for AVCHD 1920x1080 video. Import yoru video into this project, edit it and then Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset to output your video.

Set up a DV Widescreen project (where you'll also be working on your slideshow and import your DV-AVI into it.

• 7. Re: Slide show
                      rodgerssouth Level 1

Thanks so much to you guys for your help.

George Rodgers