3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2008 2:28 PM by rossimo

Loading External SWFs

rossimo
      I have external SWFs that I need to load into my main movie. Some of these SWFs (client provided) have helper SWFs and assorted files. When I load the external SWF it plays the first portion, but does not play the helper SWFs. Those helper SWFs are located in the same directory.

My question is this:

Is there anyway I can load the SWF so that it sees and plays all of the helper files associated?

Main file --> Main.exe
      SWF to load --> Submovie.swf
      Helper files --> Helper1.swf, Helper2.swf

See the attached code I am using below.

My problem is this, the first movie "Submovie" plays just fine. It's an intro. When the intro is over, it should go on to play Helper1.swf. However is just plays Submovie without going to the next Helper1.swf. Any ideas? I may not have access to the .FLA files.

Thanks in advance for your help-
      rossimo

• 1. Re: Loading External SWFs
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          Submovie_mc._lockroot = true;

may help. Although, make sure the paths are correct to the 'helper' swfs, ie, are they supposed to be the same directory?
          • 2. Re: Loading External SWFs
            rossimo Level 1

quote:

may help. Although, make sure the paths are correct to the 'helper' swfs, ie, are they supposed to be the same directory?

Where would I place "Submovie_mc.lockroot-true;" in my lines of code? What is the function of lockroot?

Yeah, the helper SWFs must be in the same directory to play correctly.

Thanks for the help!

• 3. Re: Loading External SWFs
              rossimo Level 1
              dzedward-

Thanks for the help. Adding:

Forced my Submovie to use it's own _root and is now playing the .swf and it's helper files. However, I have lost my play controls and the Submovie plays on top of the controls as well. Any idea on how to regain control of my Play and Pause (stop) buttons?