1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2011 11:10 PM by Lewiz

Guarantueed Premiere CS5 crash when applying EQ and Multiband Compressor together on mono track

Lewiz Level 1

Hi there everyone,

I started a discussion a few days ago on an AppCrash subject, resulting in the discovery of a consequent failure which I have been able to reproduce ever since. I would now like to see if any other Premiere users can confirm this failure, to find out whether it's a common issue or just my configuration needing some tweaking.

If you are a Premiere CS5 user, working with a Matrox MX02 LE system, I would like to invite you to do the following test:

- Create a new project: MPE with GPU enabled, HDV capture format

- Create a new sequence: 1080i @ 25 fps, Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame HD codec, one mono audio track and one video track

- Capture some footage

- Map the audio of the captured tracks to mono

- Toss a few shots on the timeline with audio

- Now apply a mono EQ effect to all audioclips in the timeline

- Then apply the (mono) Multiband Compressor effect to all audioclips in the timeline, on top of the EQ effect

- Press spacebar to play the timeline, do a match frame edit to switch to your source monitor and press spacebar to play that one, then switch back to your program monitor and press spacebar again

If a Windows dialog box pops up saying "Premiere has stopped working" or anything the like, please let me know. If Premiere still functions, please let me know as well. I have a very "standard" workstation that was tested thoroughly by the professionals who built it, no crappy drivers or bad hardware, so I guess more people should be encountering this problem.

Any cooperation with this issue is very much appreciated!