3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 10:16 AM by Wildcat11

Recommended Render Setting for HDV 1080 29.97 project

Wildcat11 Level 1

Hello,

I'm making my 1st venture into creating my first HDV project in AE and I'm struggling with what render settings I should be using.  These are just athletic highlights I put together for a local college so there is nothing deeply complex in terms of animations, particles, etc.  Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comp Preset: HDV 1080 29.97 (1440x1080)

Pixel Aspect Ratio: HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)

Frame Rate: 29.97

Want to put final project on DVDs for distribution

If there is more information that is needed I'd be happy to provide ASAP.  Again, thanks for your direction.

Regards,

Ryan

NW Oregon

• 1. Re: Recommended Render Setting for HDV 1080 29.97 project
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, nothing else required Persoanlly I'd always prefer to work in square pixels, though, so using a full HD preset is usually what I do and AE can handle that just fine based on its interpretation rules. Working in AE it doesn't matter, anyway - since it always fully decompresses and ecxpands, any successive compression is "fresh", anyways. For DVD output you'd simply nest the comp in a NTSC comp or choose a suitable preset in AME and again based on their automatic rules, they'd handole this just as well...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Recommended Render Setting for HDV 1080 29.97 project
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're authoring in Encore and you've purchased one of the Adobe Suites, you can also drop Premiere Pro Projects, After Effects Projects or rendered uncopressed or lossless HD files directly in the Project panel, drop them in a timeline and build your DVD there. AE and PPro projects open up a window that will give you the choice of AE comps or PPro Sequences.

If you do that and want multiple copies I'd recommend that you build a Disk Image so that compression only happens once and you can burn additional DVD's in minutes.

• 3. Re: Recommended Render Setting for HDV 1080 29.97 project
              Wildcat11 Level 1

Hi Rick and Mylenium,

Thank you both for taking the time out to respond. That's execatly what I was looking for.  Have a good weekend.

Ryan