3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 10:20 AM by John Hawkinson

Javascript QAtest method !!!

bilelch

Hi,

I'm trying to use "qatest" method  "app.qatest (named: string , withParameter: string ): string"  with the test names "RunTest".

My problem is the second parameter, it should be the Path of my Test file which is an XML file or what!!!

Also I don't understand the explanation of Adobe document which is :

“RunTest” — Runs the test specified in the accompanying string: test. If there are two tests with the

same name, the first one ITestMgr finds is run.

Please help me to figure out how use this function by a simple explantion or an example if there is?

Thanks,

Bilel

• 1. Re: Javascript QAtest method !!!
          John Hawkinson Level 5

What are you trying to accomplish with the QATest method? It is not for running your XML.

I believe it is for running internal InDesign tests, mostly with the developer build. It's not something normal users should have to use.

If you can't make it work, that's probably bcause you have no reason to.

• 2. Re: Javascript QAtest method !!!
            bilelch Level 1

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

What are you trying to accomplish with the QATest method?

In fact I'm using QA plugins (AAT) with my InDesign desktop application . And I want to know if I could call some script test (which are XML file) created by the AAT plugins and that by using the script support provided by AAT plugins.

And I found the method QATest in the ExtendScript ToolKit , So I thought that by using this method I could launch my test scripts.

Bilel.

• 3. Re: Javascript QAtest method !!!
              John Hawkinson Level 5

Bilel:

Sorry, I was wrong! When I said, "I believe it is for running internal InDesign tests, mostly with the developer build," I was thinking of something else entirely. I should have gone and checked, I suppose I would have noticed that my builds of InDesign don't have an app.qatest() function.

I don't know anything about the AAT QA Plugins (Google is not helpful!), but if the method does not appear to work in the obvious ways, I guess you should ask the vendor or search for vendor-specific documentation.

Good luck, sorry for the false start.

1 person found this helpful