11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 6:49 PM by DachFlach RSS

FP 11+ Audio Encoding Issue With H.264 Video

ImAStreamer Community Member

I'm not sure if this issue is with the Flash Player when encoding the stream or with the Flash Media Server that is saving the stream so I'll be posting in both forums.

The problem is when publishing an audio and video stream from Flash Player 11 (Windows, FF) to the Flash Server using the H.264 video codec. The audio portion of the recorded stream doesn't appear to be playable by anything and FFMPEG cannot process the audio stream. Here are the differences in the stream:

When using Sorenson as the video codec and recording the stream (flv) from the Flash server, the information about the audio stream from FFMPEG is this:

Stream #0.0: Audio: nellymoser, 22050 Hz, mono, s16

This clip can be played and processed by various players and FFMPEG with no problem.

When using H.264 as the video codec and recording the stream (f4v) from the Flash server, the information about the audio stream from FFMPEG is this:

Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: nmos / 0x736F6D6E, 22050 Hz, 1 channels

This clip does not play the audio and cannot be understood by FFMPEG.

I tried using the Speex codec as well and I have a similar issue as above (it doesn't play the audio stream and FFMPEG can't understand it).

Note the version of FFMPEG I'm using supports both Nellymoser and Speex so there should not be an issue.

1) Any idea why the codec appears different and won't play.

2) How to achieve the goal: send H.264 video stream with audio from the Flash Player and have a recorded stream with playable audio.

Thanks!