4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2011 6:48 AM by Fuzzy Barsik

No Audio when dynamic linking in PP 5.5.2 and AE 5.5

cmpix

Hi folks, my first post so be gentle.

I'll outline the software I'm using and the system I'm running it on before going any further.

My software is Premier Pro CS5.5.2 and After Effects CS5.5 (version 10.5.0.253). Hardware is an 2.66GHz i7 Apple MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM, OS is 10.7.2.

Both packages are part of the Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium.

My query regards an audio (or lack of) issue that I am experiencing when using the dynamic link feature between PP and AE.

I have a project in PP and I've selected a clip in the timeline and went FILE MENU/ADOBE DYNAMIC LINK/REPLACE WITH AFTER EFFECTS COMPOSITION. I then go into AE and work on my newly created comp, this comp contains about 40 layers of both video and additional audio tracks. Once I'm happy with the comp, saving it as I go along I go back into PP and there it is… or at least the video is! The audio part of the AE comp isn't coming into PP via the dynamic link.

I've had a look in the FAQ and Googled it too but coming up empty handed at the mo.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: No Audio when dynamic linking in PP 5.5.2 and AE 5.5
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Does the audio show up in AE when the Composition is created?

• 2. Re: No Audio when dynamic linking in PP 5.5.2 and AE 5.5
            cmpix Level 1

Yeah the audio is there in AE and plays when RAM previewed.

• 3. Re: No Audio when dynamic linking in PP 5.5.2 and AE 5.5
              cmpix Level 1

Some more information which might help.

Below is a grab of a sequence I've created in PP to show what I'm seeing.

As you can see there are two clips in the timeline, the first pink clip is the finished AE comp which has been imported into PP via the file menu and placed into the timeline, both video and audio play, and are present in the timeline (in pink) so that is a work around if necessary.

The second clip in the timeline has been dynamically linked via the FILE MENU/ADOBE DYNAMIC LINK/REPLACE WITH AFTER EFFECTS COMPOSITION. The video effects that have been applied in the AE comp appear in PP but no audio and as you can see in the PP timeline the A1 is still the origonal file's audio track (in blue under the pink AE comp)

PREMIER_PRO_20111105_GRAB_01.jpg

• 4. Re: No Audio when dynamic linking in PP 5.5.2 and AE 5.5
                Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Since After Effects is not the application for advanced audio editing, PrPro, as you noticed, doesn't replace audio track while you choose 'Replace With After Effects Composition' (if I'm not mistaken, this is PrPro behaviour since CS5.5... don't remember it was in CS5...).

You have been able to find one workaround.

Another one is in the following:

- when you replaced a clip with AE composition, in your PrPro timeline select both the replaced video part and audio part beneath;

- hold down Alt/Opt, click dynamically linked AE comp in your Project panel and drag and drop it over selected items in the PrPro timeline.