1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 6:34 PM by Zac Lam

export to database

r_lapsus

I need advice in how to develop a plugin that would allow me to register the exported media into a database. To be mo precise, i need to query the database to fetch the available "video titles" and link the exported video (using the file name) with that title. I read the sdk documentation, and the closest example I could find is the export example, but I think there must be an easier way to do what I said before. Hope you can give me some advice, thanks

• 1. Re: export to database
          Zac Lam Adobe Employee

The Export Controller API will allow you to reuse the built-in format support in Premiere Pro, while at the same time performing any pre or post-processing steps.  This API is supported in Premiere Pro 5.0.2 and later.

Check out the Premiere Pro CS5.5 SDK for a sample plug-in and documentation (in the Exporters chapter of the SDK Guide PDF). The sample demonstrates how you could provide your own UI and drive PPro to do an export based on a preset you provide.  After the callback returns, you can register the exported media into your database.

Zac