4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 3:58 AM by Amit Kumar Gupta

Problem adding audio to slideshow

pocket aces

I created a slideshow in Elements 8 with no problem.  I added several tracks of audio that fit well.  I learned that I needed to have Elements Premier to publish it to a DVD.  I downloaded the trials of Photoshop Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements Premier 10 and created the slide show again.  However I can not get the audio correct.  When I add the first song it takes up the entire slide show.  I add three more songs and they are just added on past the slide show which is 16 minutes long.  When I click to match the slides to the audio it tells me that the show is over 24 hours long.  I have unchecked the option to repeat the sound track until the end and cannot figure out what I need to do.  I know it is something probably simple but I can't seem to figure it out.  The audio files are MP3.  Can anyone tell me how to get the program to accept the song for its correct length?

• 1. Re: Problem adding audio to slideshow
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There are actually a number of ways (at least 4) to create a slideshow in Premiere Elements, and without knowing which of those methods you're using it's hard to comment specifically.

But if you're building your slideshow on the Premiere Elements timeline, first make sure you're in Timeline mode. Then, when you add your audio track, hold down the Ctrl key. This will allow you to place the audio on a parallel track, below the video/slideshow. If you don't hold down the Ctrl key, the audio will be inserted -- which means that it will drop onto the timeline and push all of the video/slideshow to the right -- which is what sounds like is happening to you.

BTW, the trial of the program has a number of limitations, including limitations on its ability to render. In other words, you probably won't be able to output a video or DVD of the slideshow you create in the trial version of the program. Just a word of warning before you put too much time into it.

And I would also recommend you convert that MP3 into a WAV file using a program like Audacity (free). It will save you some headaches in the long run. Also, when you see red lines above the clips on your timeline, press Enter to render the timeline. (When rendered, the red lines will turn green.)

Lots more headache-saving tips like this in my books, if you're interested.

http://Muvipix.com/pe10.php

• 2. Re: Problem adding audio to slideshow
            pocket aces Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  I've found that Windows Movie Maker does what I want to do so I think I'll just use it.  Fewer headaches.

• 3. Re: Problem adding audio to slideshow
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Glad you found a solution, aces.

• 4. Re: Problem adding audio to slideshow
                Amit Kumar Gupta Adobe Employee

There isnt any render limitations in Trial version. You can simply drop your audio to Audio track and not along the slides