3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 9:54 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements Trial Installation goes into oblivion

ImageMan II

Windows 7 64 bit 16 GB memory /  Premier Elements Trial Installation goes off into oblivion

I started the installer, ready privacy policy (sort of), chose English, clicked Install. Installer disappears from the screen and the harddrive winks madly for about a half hour. Don't see the program in control panel or installed programs. Re-downloaded, same results.

I've had no installation issues with any other SW including Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS4. What the heck is going on here? - Help appreciated, IM

• 1. Re: Premier Elements Trial Installation goes into oblivion
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This is a general CHECKLIST for installing most Adobe programs. I'd look over the list, and see if you perhaps forgot something important.

I assume that you are installing from a download. If so, I would check that the download was complete and not corrupted.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premier Elements Trial Installation goes into oblivion
            ImageMan II Level 1

Bill - Thanks for your help. I had done most of the items on the check list before your response, but after 4 hours and  a third and forth failing pass using all the suggestions on two Windows 7 PC,s this morning, I  give up. Don't have the time to fool with it.

Someone down the hall has an alternative product that is running fine so we'll have to use it. I had hoped we could settle on Premier because I'm a Lightroom Photoshop user and have been an Adobe advocate, but I'll have to knuckle under - Thanks again for your help, IM

• 3. Re: Premier Elements Trial Installation goes into oblivion
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Troubleshooting installation issues can be a daunting task. Also, most of us on the forum have not had installation issues, so we can only go by what we have read, that has worked for others - little, to no, direct experiences.

Usually, a failure to install is specific to certain aspects, and settings on a particular computer - after one follows the very general guidelines.

If there is a product that is installing and working, that would be a good reason to go with that one, even though it is not from Adobe. Though I have been a big Adobe fan for decades, I still rely on some other programs, that do things that my Adobe suites do not do, or do not do as well. No shame in having a full "toolbox," for when you need something else.

I understand your frustration, and wish that I had some easy "fixes," but after the guidelines in that linked article, things do get very involved.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt