1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 4:56 AM by Steve Grisetti

Cant save project

zachbs3

Adobe Premiere Elemets 8 for windows vista 32 bit with 4 gb of RAM  I have been trying to save my project in varuious formats like windows Media HD 1080i 30 and MPEG H.264 1920x1080i 30 and it only saves a buit of the movie, its laggy, the audio isnt good and it always says : export error unknown error error compiling movie. I Tried to cut it into different parts with the workarea only but that didnt work either... PLEASE HELP

• 1. Re: Cant save project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What kind of camcorder is your original video coming from? When you set up your project, which project settings did you select? Matching your project settings to your source video is vital to efficient performance.

If you are only outputting a segment of your video project, make sure that the Work Area Bar (the light gray bar along the top of your timeline) is over your entire project. To ensure this, press the \ key (above the Enter key) to display your entire project and then double-click on the Work Area Bar. It should automatically extend to cover your entire project.

As for outputs, how well a hi-def output plays depends on the speed of your computer. A hi-def Windows Media file almost always plays like crap on all but the fastest computers. But you should be able to output a standard definition WMV Windows Media file to test your video. (I know you want to see it in hi-def, but until you get the bugs worked out, you should test it in standard def.)

Beyond that, we'd need to know more specifics about your computer, including how fast the processor is and how much RAM you have.

Version 8 was probably the poorest performing of any version of Premiere Elements. (Though make sure you go to Help/Check for Updates to ensure you have the patch. It will help tremendously.) But, on a good quad core computer, you should still be able to work with hi-def fairly effortlessly.

1 person found this helpful