4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2011 1:09 AM by stour

Video Format Output

stour

I normally prepare slideshows in PE9 and output as a high quality .wmv file that are viewed either on a laptop or TV via the laptop.

I have a number of such slideshows that I wish to import to Premier Elements 9 and create a common menu for them. Given how I view the slideshows I would appreciate guidance as to the most appropriate format to output the combined slideshow.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Video Format Output
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you want to access each from a common menu, your best (and pretty much only) choice is to output a DVD or BluRay disc.

Just place the slideshows one after another on your timeline. Place a scene marker or main menu marker at the beginning of each and a stop marker at the end.

Each time your disc player reaches a stop marker, it will return to the main menu.

• 2. Re: Video Format Output
            stour Level 1

Thanks Steve.

I was hoping I could save an image on hard disc as I do with a windows based  software Auotrun Designer that I use for creating menus. This however does not have the flexibility of Premier.

Thanks again

• 3. Re: Video Format Output
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can burn your DVD files to a folder using Share/To Disc/DVD and selecting the Burn to Folder option. This will create a VIDEO_TS folder with your DVD files in it.

If you use your computer's DVD player software and select the option to Open a Folder and then select the VIDEO_TS folder, it will play just like a DVD, with menus and all.

Unfortunately, this option is only available for DVDs and you can not create a hi-def BluRay that functions this way.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Video Format Output
                stour Level 1

Thanks for the advice Steve - problem solved