5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 2:52 AM by Stefan1212

cannot install or uninstall AIR

Stefan1212
      I am using Vista. I have tried all option to uninstall and reinstall include the CMD option which comes with an error message. As well I have tried and delete the

AIR 1.0: msiexec /x {00203668-8170-44A0-BE44-B632FA4D780F}
      AIR Beta3: msiexec /x {E6672E63-6C06-4303-8F37-D8CEE82005B0}
      AIR Beta2: msiexec /x {199FC15D-2E06-47BE-B3EA-CA086FCB94CF}
      AIR Beta1: msiexec /x {0252F032-A08C-4EF1-9857-4F41388C8D69}

No luck. What ever I try install Air or an application the popup window with the message : This application requires a version of the Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) which is no longer supported. ...

I have uninstalled all air applications, cleaned registry and still no luck the messages pops even up when I try to install a new version of AIR.

Strange to me that the window pops up whatever I try to do
        • 1. Re: cannot install or uninstall AIR
          Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
          Do you see this same error message when installing both AIR *and* applications? Typically, this error message appears only for applications and indicates exactly what it says: that the application requires an old version of AIR (i.e., one of the beta releases) and can no longer be installed.

Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering

• 2. Re: cannot install or uninstall AIR
            Stefan1212 Level 1
            Yes both even I try to install AIR right away the message pops up. I have uninstalled everything apps and AIR and when I try to install AIR again the message shows up. That makes no sense as there aren't any apps installed anymore.
            • 3. Re: cannot install or uninstall AIR
              Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
              Please try re-downloading the latest AIR installer, enabling installer logging, and then running the installer. If you get an error dialog, please take a screenshot. If you can post both the log and screenshort, we can take a look at it.

thanks,
              Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering

• 4. Re: cannot install or uninstall AIR
                Stefan1212 Level 1
                I have downlowded the latest version. When I try to install it a popup windows shows " Adobe Air is already install"

But have did install it before even used a uninstaller to clean all files as well clean my registry as shown in my earlier post.
                In the .airinstall.log which I have setup the log is saying:
                Performing runtime install
                UI SWF load is complete
                UI initialized
                enter confirming
                Installation type: patchSame

Then I tried to install in app. The .airappinstall.log is always empty. Any app I try to install the apps I had already on my laptop or when I try to download new ones the popup windows shop up saying:

This application requires a version of Adobe Integrated Runtime ( AIR) which is no longer supported. Please contact the application author fir an updated version

Well I have tried apps from your website like the ebay all off them and I have tried about 10 different once creating the popup so there dont even get downloaded. The apps I have already on my laptop (not installed) the same deal if I try to install the popup shows.

• 5. Re: cannot install or uninstall AIR
                  Stefan1212 Level 1
                  Oliver,

I found a solution. When you have read my last post. In Vista when you uninstall AIR it seems the folder in Programfiles/commonfiles/AdobeAir/ will still be there and there are still alot of files in there. For a test I just renamed that folder and tried to reinstall Air and Apps it works fine. So my guess is that something went wrong in there. Maybe a good idea to delete that folder in the uninstall process.
                  For other people just be careful deleting that folder just renamed it and see that will help you