5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 6:39 PM by Chris W. Griffith

AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load

sclark14 Level 1

I am starting to lose my mind working with Flash Catalyst.   I have created a file within AI CS5, imported into FC CS5 numerous times, now all of a sudden it won't load.  The error message "Error initializing import libraries" appears.   I had this issue happen before, but after much frustration, I went back and re-created the AI file under the Flash Catalyst New Document profile and that seemed to solve the problem, now, even with an AI file created with the FC document profile, a document that has loaded into FC MANY times successfully, all of a sudden won't load.   Of course I am at the end of the project and was ready to export the final SWF files and it does this.  I am about ready to throw my computer out the window at this point.  

It is not a large file, under 1MB in fact, so that is not the issue.   Is there some kind of FC cache somewhere on my computer that I need to clear out?   I have scoured the internet looking for a solution as I have a deadline of Wednesday of this week for this project and I can't find anything helpful.  This is beyong frustrating and seems to make no sense as the AI file has imported successfully in it's current state many times. 

I tried to rebuild the project, move its file location, rename it, cut and paste it into FC and nothing seems to work.  In fact, I can't cut and paste a simple object at this point without getting the "Error initializing import libraries" error message.   PLEASE HELP ME ADOBE!   I AM DYING HERE!!!   Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! 

• 1. Re: AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load
          sclark14 Level 1

If someone could please help me, I would be sooooo thankful.  I have done everything I can to try to fix this problem.  I optimized the illustrator file for import, rasterizing all the graphics and text to 72 dpi, etc.   The file only includes some basic object shapes and text.  I even removed drop shadows, etc. hoping perhaps that was the problem.  No styles were used, nothing was scaled or resized, etc.  I just don't understand why this is happening and I may as well throw out hours of work.  I am SO frustrated, please help me if you know the answer to this problem.   Thank you!!!

• 2. Re: AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load
            sclark14 Level 1

I found the FC log files and the log for my last attempt at importing my AI file is below.  Do I have a Java issue?   This is WAY above my pay grade, but I'm hoping maybe it's a simple fix?  Run Java update? 

!SESSION 2011-11-08 09:01:17.129 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY com.adobe.thermo.core 1 0 2011-11-08 09:01:28.111

!MESSAGE Loading ThermoPanels from bundleentry://51/ThermoPanelsSWF/ThermoPanels.swf

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk 2 0 2011-11-08 09:01:34.225

!MESSAGE Could not locate the running profile instance

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-11-08 09:02:09.931

!MESSAGE Error during import: Error initializing import libraries

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore. java:972)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:50)

at com.adobe.thermo.importnativeartwork.importer.ImportManager.showErrorDialog(ImportManager .java:1982)

at com.adobe.thermo.importnativeartwork.importer.ImportManager.importArtworkIntoNewFile(Impo rtManager.java:404)

at com.adobe.thermo.importnativeartwork.importer.ImportManager.importArtworkWithProgress(Imp ortManager.java:305)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.importArtworkWithProgress(ProjectCommands.java:4 19)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.access$0(ProjectCommands.java:405)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands$1.run(ProjectCommands.java:368)

at com.adobe.thermo.interfaces.FlexDialogManagerInterface$RunnableWrapper.run(FlexDialogMana gerInterface.java:77)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)

at com.adobe.thermo.interfaces.FlexDialogManagerInterface.doRunnable(FlexDialogManagerInterf ace.java:182)

at com.adobe.thermo.importnativeartwork.ui.ImportProgressDialog.runImportNewProject(ImportPr ogressDialog.java:353)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.doImportArtwork(ProjectCommands.java:361)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.doImportArtwork(ProjectCommands.java:320)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.createProjectFromArtwork(ProjectCommands.java:30 2)

at com.adobe.thermo.welcome.ProjectCommands.createProjectFromArtworkRemote(ProjectCommands.j ava:313)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.thermo.core.remoteobject.IncomingCommandHandler.invoke(IncomingCommandHandler.j ava:152)

at com.adobe.thermo.core.remoteobject.IncomingCommandHandler.access$0(IncomingCommandHandler .java:139)

at com.adobe.thermo.core.remoteobject.IncomingCommandHandler$1.run(IncomingCommandHandler.ja va:124)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:133)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3800)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3425)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.thermo.application.ThermoApplication.start(ThermoApplication.java:133)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

• 3. Re: AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load
              sclark14 Level 1

Ran Java update, still not working...  This is absolutely brutal...

• 4. Re: AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load
                sclark14 Level 1

Without any changes to the file, now it is working.  I don't understand what happened, and certainly hope it doesn't happen again.  Craziness.  Thanks for your patience with putting up with the frantic posts of a novice.

• 5. Re: AI file that has loaded many times previously into FC, now won't load
                  Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like the JAVA runtime sorted itself out. Usually, when something like this occurs it is due to the JAVA runtime.