Not sure I understand what you mean by "scrolling slides".
Do you mean that these are FMV slides capturing a scrolling window, and you want to pause the slide video while some text is displayed?
Rodward you are correct, how would I be able to paused a slide video?
Assuming that you need to pause the slide somewhere in the middle of the video capture, you could try and copy paste a segment of the FMV several times where you want the pause to try and fudge it.
However, if you want better control over the duration of the pause, I would suggest the following:
- Duplicate the FMV slide a couple of times so that you now have one spare untouched slide (in case something goes wrong) and two that you can play with.
- Lock and hide the slide you want as a backup.
- Make sure your slides are set to have No Transition between them.
- Right click on the FMV layer of the first slide and use the edit options presented to select and delete everything AFTER the point at which you want to pause the FMV.
- Extend the duration of this slide to accommodate the timing of the text boxes you want to display.
- Right click on the FMV layer of the second slide and use the editing options to select and delete everything BEFORE the pause point.
This should give you roughly what you want. The first slide will begin playing the FMV, then the final frame of the video will remain visible while your text box displays near the end of that slide. Once the text box fades out and the next slide seamlessly transitions in, the rest of the FMV capture will continue to play. If you do it correctly, your audience should not be aware that what they're seeing is actually spread over two slides.