4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2011 2:16 AM by Peter Spier

Over Stretched Photos ?

Marcus Tylor000000 Level 1

Hello, how do I know when the photos in the document have been stretched beyond their native size ? The info in the tools palet always says they are 100%. I am use to Quark which was easy to see this. Any ideas how I can find out which photos need redoing please ? I have 450 photos of all shapes and sizes arrggg...

Thanks in advance !

• 1. Re: Over Stretched Photos ?
          Techi Panda Level 2

Hi Marcus Tylor000000

I assume this will help you

myGraphics = app.documents[0].allGraphics;

for (var j = myGraphics.length - 1; j >= 0; j--)

{

var Hscale=myGraphics[j].horizontalScale;

var Vscale=myGraphics[j].verticalScale;

if(Hscale!=100)

{

try {app.layoutWindows[0].zoomPercentage = 100 } catch (e) {};

alert("This image is Horizontally scaled " + Hscale + " percent");

app.selection = myGraphics[j];

}

if(Vscale!=100)

{

try {app.layoutWindows[0].zoomPercentage = 100 } catch (e) {};

alert("This image is Vertically scaled"  + Vscale +  "percent");

app.selection = myGraphics[j];

}

}

• 2. Re: Over Stretched Photos ?
            Marcus Tylor000000 Level 1

Ok, silly me think I have found it by selecting the second pointer down and double clicking woooo...

• 3. Re: Over Stretched Photos ?
              John Hawkinson Level 5

It does make me wonder though -- is there really any point in ID displaying the 100% values that repreent the size of the frame? Does it do anything other than confuse people and add an extra step to check the sizes of the image?

I suppose the counterargument to changing it is that then you would not easily be able to resize that frame (change 100% to 50%). I feel like there's a better answer out there, though.

• 4. Re: Over Stretched Photos ?
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

John Hawkinson wrote:

It does make me wonder though -- is there really any point in ID displaying the 100% values that repreent the size of the frame? Does it do anything other than confuse people and add an extra step to check the sizes of the image?

I suppose the counterargument to changing it is that then you would not easily be able to resize that frame (change 100% to 50%). I feel like there's a better answer out there, though.

There's that, and if you change your prefs to Adjust Scaling Percentage ini the When Scaling section of the General tab, the scaled size of the frame is shown instead of 100%, but oter things happen that you might not like.