5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 11:55 PM by Aniks

Premiere elements 10 question

wallstreet123456@yahoo.co Level 1

I recently purchased a Panasonic HDC-TM90 camcorder and want to buy an easy to use video editing program and I am interested in Premiere elements.

Can this program edit HD recordings? My computer is a dual core machine and I was not sure if there were any issues and if I should not record in HD if I wanted to edit it.

Thanks,

Steven

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 10 question
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, Premiere Elements can certainly edit hi-def and AVCHD video, assuming your computer is powerful enough to be up to the task.

However, that camcorder has the option to shoot in 60p and 50p in addition to the more traditional 60i and 50i.

If you shoot in 60i or 50i AVCHD, you should have no problems. But if you shoot in 60p or 50p, you're going to have problems.

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 10 question
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Actually, in looking over that cam's specs, it appears that it ONLY shoots in 60p or 50p. Check with your retailer. If this is the case, you do not want this camcorder -- unless you're also willing to spend a few hundred dollars more for professional editing software.

Stick with cams that shoot in 60i and 50i and you'll be fine.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 10 question
              wallstreet123456@yahoo.co Level 1

Well I can no longer return the camera so I am going to have to figure something out. Do other programs, non professional versions, allow this?  If so which ones might

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 10 question
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If the camera will ONLY shoot in one of the "p"(Progressive) formats, then I would look to Adobe PrPro CS 5.5, or perhaps another NLE program. There are some other good ones out there, but I cannot tell you which ones might be better, beyond the much more expensive PrPro. Cyberlink's PowerDirector, Magix MovieEdit Pro, and several versions of Sony's Vegas, all get good general reviews, but I don't know how any handles progressive Video files. Maybe others will have very specific recommendations for you.

Good luck, and enjoy the new camera,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 10 question
                  Aniks Level 2

Premiere Elements currently support 60i/50i AVCHD editing. Sincee your camera shoots in 60p/50p mode, you wont be able to successfully edit your videos using Premiere Elements.

I would suggest Premiere Pro for your purpose but if you want non-proffessional ones, then i dont know much about them.