• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Shockwave Flash from crashing/being unresponsive in chrome 15?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date. And I can replicate the problem 100% of the time by going to a video on youtube or anywhere else that uses flash. Its hard to get around the internet when lots of pages use flash...and then flash crashes -_-  I am using windows 7 on a HP computer. Please pleasepleaseplease help!! Thanks ^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your player version? http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

What is your HP machine model and graphic card is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest player

My machine model is G60-529 WM, and graphics card is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see your model here. Do you known why?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...no? I really didn't know what a machine model was...Ilooked at the bottom sticker as my best bet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your crash unique to video streaming or is your crash happen even with simple animation swf?

Does this page crash your browser? http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, only video streaming, but also games that use flash player

No that page doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try disabling HW acceleration to see if crash stop?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't help....

I even tried the new player but it STILL CRASHES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try IE and FireFox with latest Flash Player. If those get crash too, it must be from grpahic card and its driver. In that case you better go back to older version of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this means the places I'll be able to go are limited?

beacause it crashed in FF too

I only bought this two years ago -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You better verify with HP if you have latest driver version for your graphic and audio cards. Those are two main causes of crashers for upper layer software like browsers and plugins.

As a matter of fact two years old graphic card is kind out dated already. That's how this industory moving forward like light speed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there is a compatibility issue between Windows 7 (Pro/64-bit) and Shockwave Flash.  My computer locks-up on average once per day.  Shortly before each lock-up I receive the message "Shockwave Flash" is unresponsive.  My computer is less than 3 months old with a newer graphics card.  All software drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim-NC,

"My computer locks-up" means OS freeze? Or it's about browser behavior like locks-up with swf access? If it's OS level freeze, more chance is on graphic driver compatibility. If it's browser case, it might be (low level) audio driver hang.   In either case checking HW driver version is good idea because OEM doesn't necessary bundle latest driver while peripheral manufacture provide bug fix in their latest driver version.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines