3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 8:48 AM by camilo umaña

Emergency: CS5.5 suite is not opening!

camilo umaña Level 1

After upgrading finely a week ago from CS5 to 5.5 this morning all the whole suit asked for a serial.*

I wrote it and the Adobe Application Manager asked for information that was given (more serial numbers of past versions)

After, tried to open the suite (ID) and again the Adobe Application Manager opened but this time does not allow to continue.

Just closes the first window and all the process is stopped

Lately, I reinstalled the whole CS5 (upgrade) although CS4 is not already installed and no error was reported

Immediately ask for a serial (telling is a trial) and later the applications does not respond repeating the same thing (Adobe Application Manager opened but does not allow to continue.)

Think is not a problem of licenses as I have a back copy in another machine, CS4, and is OK.

Should I reinstall the CS4 and continues later with the rest of upgrades?

(Curiously this morning the Imac was with problems and had to use disk utility, etc...)

• 1. Re: Emergency: CS5.5 suite is not opening!
          camilo umaña Level 1

Reinstalled CS4 and the whole suit is working again...

• 2. Re: Emergency: CS5.5 suite is not opening!
            Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

I think that the key to your problems was the note at the bottom of your post ... Curiously this morning the Imac was with problems and had to use disk utility, etc...

The licensing mechanism for the Creative Suite applications depends upon a number of configuration files, one or more of which may have been affected (lost, modified, etc.) by the problems that you had to use the disk utility to resolve.

- Dov

• 3. Re: Emergency: CS5.5 suite is not opening!
              camilo umaña Level 1

Yes. absolutely, the relation could be sustained. For this reason I mentioned the crash.

Simply I unplugged the Imac for 15 seconds and restarted (as the disk utility did not reported any damage and these procedures had been already made two weeks ago.

What was interesting is that the AAM failed to continue the register, always omitting the second step.

Looping and looping and resisting to mount the serials-window step.

And I am not clear if CS4 re-installation was a solution, although after this procedure was exerted, the Suite ignited on.

Thank you. I think it was a situation very complicated, completely unknown in many many years with Adobe and Apple.

Camilo