• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robo freezes when opening or importing

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open projects or import files or images in RoboHelp. I can open existing projects in Windows Explorer, but I cannot open them via File > Open, or by clicking Open...on the splash screen. I am trying to create a new project, but cannot import my company's css, skin, or any other templates I need to create the project I want. This is a Robo problem only. I do not have this problem with FM or Captivate. This is a fairly recent problem that seemed product related, not project related, so i uninstalled and reinstalled robo help, but it did not help anything.

When I click File > Open or File > Import, Robo freezes, and I cannot click anything. When I hit Esc on the keyboard the mouse is released and I can again navigate and click stuff in Robo

Has anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your Open window has fallen off the edge of your screen. Try this:

Click File > Open .

Press Alt, Spacebar, M.

Press any arrow key.

Waggle the mouse  until the Open dialog box displays on screen.

Click to place where you like.

Repeat for any other occasions where RH freezes, but Esc seems to make things work again. (Esc is closing the dialog box, and returning control to the main window).

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely unbelievable! How did you know this? Thank you so very very much – I have a huge project due at the end of the month, and I was about to start borrowing co-writers’ laptops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber, I had this problem as well. Needless to say, it was very annoying.  I was about the get the PC support team to re-install RH.  But I tried your solution instead and it worked!  Thanks a million!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

While Amber's workaround does the job, there's actually an easier way to accomplish it if your computer keyboard has one of those nifty little Windows Logo keys.

Press and hold the Windows logo key, then tap the left arrow key a couple of times.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat trick! But note you may need to re-size your application window afterwards. Mine got squished/stretched into a half-monitor width rather than my usual working size. It seems to toggle between the last used position/size, and half-monitor left and right positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you are only moving the missing preview it should have zero effect on the main application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so "parts" of the application resize themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp