1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 5:20 PM by LeoAdobeX

Adobe Acrobat 9.3.4 Update failure- "Error Applying Transforms, verify that the specified...

Adobe_hangover

I have ignored this issue for long enough.  I have Adobe CS4, with Acrobat Pro version 9.3.4.  Windows 7.  Acrobat updater pops up on my machine, and when I execute the update requested, the updater gives me the update failure message, with code 1604, "error applying transforms."

I have seen solutions posted for this tranforms message, but it was a problem with Acrobat 8.  I have seen no solutions as of yet for Acrobat 9, so I thought I would post.

I also tried opening Acrobat 9 Pro, and under the help tab, I initiated "repair".  I get the same transform error message as above.  Any advice anyone?  Should I just uninstall Acrobat 9 Pro and reinstall using my CS4 disk?

Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9.3.4 Update failure- "Error Applying Transforms, verify that the specified...
          LeoAdobeX Adobe Employee

If you have original CD with Acrobat installation, copy all files with extension .mst from this CD to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Setup Files\[ProductCode]   if this is 64bit system

or

C:\Program Files\Acrobat 9.0\Setup Files\[ProductCode]   if this is 32bit system

where [ProductCode] is a unique value which identifies your language version of Acrobat 9 Pro.

If this is EFG version, it should be {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000004}

If location does not exist, create it.

2. If you do not have original CD and cannot find .mst files, provide the exact Product name including language and I will provide further instructions.

Good luck