5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 3:31 PM by Gavalini67
      • 1. Re: InDesign 5.5 crashes when opening doc that contains InDesign doc links
        John Hawkinson Level 5

Much better, thank you.

17  com.extensis.AutoActivationPlugin.ID7     0x16963682 SuitcaseResponder::DuringOpenDocument(UIDRef, long&) + 1638

18  com.extensis.AutoActivationPlugin.ID7     0x16961b81 SuitcaseResponder::Respond(ISignalMgr*) + 1217

Extensis Suitcase Fusion. Turn it off/disable its autoactivation plugin, and contact Extensis. They may have a fix.

• 2. Re: InDesign 5.5 crashes when opening doc that contains InDesign doc links
          Gavalini67 Level 1

thanks John ....Suitcase has been causing me some issues recently with FMCore switching off .....i'm just updating that now as a new update has just become available.

I will give this a go and if it still doesn't resolve the issue then I'll switch it off and try opning the doc ...will let you know what happens ...cheers

• 3. Re: InDesign 5.5 crashes when opening doc that contains InDesign doc links
            Gavalini67 Level 1

just tried all that and it's still crashing ...oddly enough Suitcase asked to update the auto-activation plug-in for InDesign which I did but it's making no difference.

I was always able to open InDesign documents ...it's just any InDesign document that contains a link to another InDesign document that I can't open .....I would have thought that a font issue would mean that I couldn't open other documents .....the only common thing is the linking to other InDesign documents ....but this works OK on other Macs ..mmmmmmmmmm

• 4. Re: InDesign 5.5 crashes when opening doc that contains InDesign doc links
              John Hawkinson Level 5

Well, if their product was 100% buggy all the time, do you really think they would have shipped it?

Yes, you are actually quite correct in your analysis. Check out the stack trace, which I render here for you in partial form and flipped upside down so you may read down:

18  SuitcaseResponder::Respond(ISignalMgr*) + 1217

17  SuitcaseResponder::DuringOpenDocument(UIDRef, long&) + 1638

16  DocumentElement::LoadEmbeddedFontMatchingInfo() + 4245

15  DocumentElement::LoadFontSenseInfoForLinkedINDD(IDFile const&) + 802

Suitcase is called (line 18), it decides it is during a Document Open phase, and then it tries to Load Embedded Font Matching Information and then it decides that it has to deal with a Linked INDD file.

And then for some reason something bad happens.

Anyhow, when you say "just tried all that" I assume you mean updating. I recommend you remove the plugin and confirm that fixes the problem, though I'd be flabbergasted if it did not.

• 5. Re: InDesign 5.5 crashes when opening doc that contains InDesign doc links
                Gavalini67 Level 1

Hi John ....deleting the auto activation plug-in does work and I'll now need to get an updated version of it from Extensis if it's available because fonts are obviously not auto activating ....at least I can now get in to the document and for that I thank you for your advice