2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2011 7:53 AM by Dave LaRonde

Going from after effects, to final cut.

Kovon Level 1

So here's my work process, I animated a bunch of stuff in flash that i'm exporting as a png sequence, I have a .mov set up in after effects.  After i put the animation ontop of the .mov (video footage) I will be using some effects from AE like optical flare etc.  Now my client requests that the original video given to me retains the raw quality, and that it be sent into him in apple pro res.

The only way that I can get apple pro res is in final cut pro.  I've scowered the internet to find a tutorial on how to go from AE to FCP without losing quality but i found nothing.

• 1. Re: Going from after effects, to final cut.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          The only way that I can get apple pro res is in final cut pro.

Wrong. You just need to have it installed on the system to get the CoDecs. If you don't have it, then it's a moot point, anyway, if you have FCP, read this. ProRes will be available like any other normal QT CoDec then.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Going from after effects, to final cut.
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

I go from FCP on a Mac at work to AE on a Windows box at home a lot.  When I go from home to work, I render PNG sequences.  It's easy to open them in QT Pro at the proper frame rate, then export a movie in the codec of my choice.

It's lossless.  Be prepared for big file sizes on you image sequences.  It's the price you have to pay for lossless images.