4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 6:16 AM by ion

can't get cfgrid rowcount

ion Level 1

i'm trying to get the rowcount of a cfgrid on cf9, and if  0 switch a message to user.

i've tried a js attached to the onLoad of the cfgrid, keeps throwing Expected ')' and i don't see where?

function getGridData() {

var mygrid = ColdFusion.Grid.getGridObject('cApps');

var mydata = mygrid.getStore();

rowCountVal = mydata.totalLength;

thanks for any help

• 1. Re: can't get cfgrid rowcount
          Dan Bracuk Level 5

Comment out every line and add them back one at a time until the error occurs.  If it happens with all lines commented out, look at the code that calls it.

• 2. Re: can't get cfgrid rowcount
            ion Level 1

thanks Dan, it's the cfgrid onload thrwoing the error. i've tried:

onload="javascript:getGridData({cfgridaction}, {cfgridrow} {cfgridchanged})"

nothing works

also tried instead the <cfset ajaxOnLoad="getGridData">, it doesn't throw an error but doesn't return the rowcount either

thanks again

• 3. Re: can't get cfgrid rowcount
              insuractive Level 3

Where is your onload code in your document?  I'm assuming that if its a regular onLoad attribute of an HTML element (e.g. <Body>, then you don't need the "javascript:" prefix.  Otherwise, what happens if you pop an alert box at the top of your getGridData() method and comment out the rest - are you getting the alert box or is the error occuring before the function can even be called?

• 4. Re: can't get cfgrid rowcount
                ion Level 1

it's the onLoad attribute of a  cfgrid of type HTML

the cfgrid syntax seems to be correct, onLoad="javascript:getGridData()", i'm using one other event for the same grid and it works fine:

onchange="javascript:showData({cfgridaction}, {cfgridrow}, {cfgridchanged})"

nothing happens if i put the alert at the top of the function, get the same error. looks like the error happens before the function executes.

what's worse, i don't think the onLoad event of the grid actually works. i've tried a different method: the cfgrid is bound to the onkeyup event of a text box, srcApps. i've modified this text box like <input type="text" name="srcApps" setTimeout('getGridData()',1000);"> adding a 1 second delay before executing the function.

this works, but only when i type something in srcApps, and only when using <cfset ajaxOnLoad="getGridData"> at the end of the page, not with the grid onLoad event. if i remove the 1 second delay in the srcApps definition, it stops working, which i think proves onLoad never kicks off