5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 9:39 AM by Steve Grisetti

Locks at 99% rendering to Flash

neophema1@gmail.com Level 1

I am trying to "share" (render to flash) and the PE9 renders to 99%, ETA of 5 seconds. Then it stops. A few buttons seem to work (cancel, etc) but it never fiishes and even "cancel" hangs, resulting in a need to kill the process. I've let it go thoughout the night. If I let it run all night, it developes "low disk space" popups.

I called support three times, they remoted in and poked around, and cleared cache, and asked me to prerender, then (share) again to save the file.  I render, and reshare, and it stops at 99%, 5 seconds. It chews up about a gig of disk every 20 minutes.

Now it's only flash, others seem to be ok - flash - no.  The tech spent a long time (me on hold, he in research mode) then suggested I not use the flv container. Not use flash? Wow!

Anyone else have this issue?

4 gig PC

Vista 64 SP2

Dual Core, 2.4 GHZ

PE9

• 1. Re: Locks at 99% rendering to Flash
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video footage coming from?

Which settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project?

How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your C drive?

Are you editing video that's on your C drive or is your video and project on a second or external drive?

And have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

• 2. Re: Locks at 99% rendering to Flash

Steve - thanks.

SAMSUNG Camcorder HMX-H200P

Resize 720x480

Frame Rate same as source, 59.94 FPS

Field order None (Progressive)

Profile Main

Level 3.1

not selected – “Render at Maximum Depth. “

Bit rate encoding CBR

bitrate level custom

bitrate (Mbps}: 1.

not selected “Set Frame Distance”

Format

Multiplexing F4V

Audio

Codec ACC

Stereo

Frequency 44.1 kHz

Audio Quality High

Bitrate [kbps]: 128

Source Clip Sequence 01

1280x720 (1.) 59.49 fps Progressive 02,08,48,52

4800 Hz, stereo

Clean space 32 gig. It will fill it if left unattended. I had about 60 before I started this, so still looking for a unwanted PE9 file.

Same drive, all processes.

Quicktime is very latest.

• 3. Re: Locks at 99% rendering to Flash

Your camcorder shoots AVCHD. You should be shooting in 1080/50i Superfine mode and the setting up your project to edit Full AVCHD 1920x1080. (The program may also work with video shot in 720/50p if you set up your project for AVCHD Lite 720 50p -- but I can't guarantee it will work with standard definition video from that camcorder.)

As it is, the program is forced to render all of the video you add to your project -- and that's going to eat up a large chunk of those 30 gigs of free space pretty quickly.

Try shooting some sample footage in 1080/50i and start a new project with Full AVCHD 1920x1080 settings and see if you see better performance.

In any event, you really should think about adding a second hard drive to your computer, and then you should store your project and media files on this drive. You really haven't got enough room or power to work with this kind of footage on  a drive with only 30 gigs of free space left on it. This program leaves a very big footprint!

If you're using a laptop and can't drop a second hard drive into it, you might be able to get by with a very fast external hard drive as your second drive. But I'm just afraid your system is going to choke on video from this camcorder on your current system.

• 4. Re: Locks at 99% rendering to Flash

Thanks Steve, that is a lot of help.

Flash seems to be my best bet for size/quality. Any thoughts on why flash is the only failing format? 

• 5. Re: Locks at 99% rendering to Flash

Sorry. No idea. Although it might not hurt to go to Adobe's site and download the latest version of its free Flash player. That may add a necessary component.