Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover Slidelet and Button??

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I am sure this has been answered but I can't find it. 

I am using several rollover slidelets as left menu boxes and the info for each coming up in the right.  I would like that the area where they hover or click to "lighten" to show they are over the right area.  I tried using a button (up, over, down) but the button either hides the slidelet if placed over on the timeline and if placed under on the timeline the over/down don't show.  Hope I explained this clear enough.

Anyone know of a solution or work around.

thanks again.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?  I know we all have wanted to do this.  I usually just use buttons but the producer wants slidelets for conformity...   Anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

By default, a Rollover Slidelet normally has a bit of a highlight that appears. Although I personally find it unsightly as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

Beyond that, I don't believe there is much you can do. Unless, of course, Rod's famous Event Handler widget does this. I've not used it but have seen him mention that it sort of fixes or helps work past a plethora of Captivate issues.

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/node/352

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the only option I have is to have each button activation have its own slide or to just don't show the highlighted option that is picked.  I figured TONS of people would want to make pages like this with buttons (up/down/over) so I assumed that the button solution would work.  I think that you should be able to link a roll over area to an object (image/button/whatever). 

In a perfect world I would be 100% in charge of the elearning but the one I am working on is going to have 5-6 "Key Terms" slides.  There is no way they will allow 5-6 slides to turn into 30-40 because of a mouse over affect.

thanks for your help Capt

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollover slidelets offer you the possibility to have an advanced action executed when rolling over the rollover area. You could use this advanced action to show some drawing shape (semi-transparent) or image that creates the illusion of lighting, or apply an effect (which is also within limits possible by advanced action). Just an idea,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rick says, if you need some action to be triggered by a simple mouseover or mouseout then you're limited to either using the slidelets or the Event Handler interactive widget.

However, the slidelet only allows you to trigger an advanced action (such as SHOW or HIDE) on rollover.  With the Event Handler, you can stack up the widgets to listen for different mouse events on the same object.  So you could have one Event Handler listening for a mouseover to trigger SHOW on a highlight for a button, while another listens for mouseout onthe same object to HIDE the same highlight.  Since Captivate allows you to build multiple Advanced Actions that are executed with a single event, the possibilities are quite powerful.

If you want to experiment with Event Handlers, you can download free trial versions of the widget here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod

First I should take the 20 mins to figure this out on my own.  But I want to make sure I cover my bases...   Can the event handler interactive widget call (SHOW) a slidelet?  On mouseover and click?  

Lilly brought up a decent idea that I had thought of but what I am dealing with is something that needs to be duplicated by our elearning staff worldwide and I don't know how to say this in a PC way but many of them can't handle using advanced actions. 

thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

I've actually used a (rather ugly) workaround for this... Although it only works when you have fairly simply, single-colour backgrounds. I doubt it would work otherwise.

If I understand correctly, this is the behaviour you want...

Without mouseover:

No_Mouseover.jpg

On mouseover:

On_Mouseover.jpg

If this is what you want, simply:

- set the rollover slidelet trigger to match the background colour

- set the rollover slidelet border to 0

- ensure the rollover slidelet covers the button's area as well

- draw a shape which matches your button overtop, set to an appropriate colour & alpha for the "lightening" effect

- select the rollover slidelet trigger and move it to the TOP layer (otherwise the slidelet will interfere)

If the above isnt clear, take a look at this:

Revealed_Formatting.jpg

Hope this helps, or gives you some other ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources