1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2011 1:16 PM by Peter Spier

Export to PDF wants Page number reset to 0

adobata

Hi! So I made an indesign booklet file that have page numbering

It is 16 pages, page 1 is the front cover and 16th page is the back cover

I want to export parts of this booklet into a pdf but would like it so the page numbers will start from 0 so for example i export in the indesign file the 6th, 8th and 9th page into pdf- instead of the page number showing 6,8,9 it will be 1,2,3?

Hope that makes sense sorry if my english is not very good

• 1. Re: Export to PDF wants Page number reset to 0
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Neither InDesign nor Acrobat supports a page number of 0, but you can set up a new section to restart numbering in ID at one on any page. ID will complain if you use the same STYLE of number in more than one section, the the logical page number can repeat. Normally the pages before the official Page 1 would be numbered with roma numerals, or perhaps letters.

Sometimes Acrobat respects the logical page numbers, sometimes not, it seems, in the navigation field. I'm not sure what you have to do to get the numbers to match what's on the page, but I suspect it has to do with version compatibility.

I'm confused here about the last part: "I want to export parts of this booklet into a pdf but would like it so the page numbers will start from 0 so for example i export in the indesign file the 6th, 8th and 9th page into pdf- instead of the page number showing 6,8,9 it will be 1,2,3?" are you saying you want to make a PDF withjust those pages and you want Acrobat to ignore the assigned page numbers? You might try setting ID to show absolute page numbers instead of logical page numbers, but as I said, I'm not certain what determines the numbering that Acrobat shows.