1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 5:56 AM by Steve Werner

Folio Builder: An error has occurred opening the source file for the article layout.

Steve Kelly Level 1

I have been working on a Folio. When I sat down to work on my folio, I was instructed by indesign to update my Folio producer tools, which I did.

Since then I can no longer view any article layout from that folio in indesign. Indeed any folio that I create that does not reside on my desktop give the same problem. I can import articles, add articles and they all upload to the proper place at adobe and I can view them. But I simply cannot open them up through folio builder as I previously.

The exact error message is as below:

----

An error has occurred opening the source file for the article layout.

The InDesign file for the layout cannot be found.

Screen shot 2011-11-14 at 13.25.13.png

----

Another strange thing that seems to be happening is that the folio will randomly reoder the articles in the folio.

I have dumped my indesign prefs, tried creating an entirely new project, made a new account and even reinstalled the entire software.

But the problem of opening an article that I have imported or added to a folio, simply not being found to open has got me stumped. I can't proceed with a major project until I can sort this out.

Can anyone help.

Many thanks

Steve

The problem initially seemed very similar to the one linked below, but I dont get the content generation error

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/901804?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true