7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2008 1:16 PM by ntsiii

Dynamic Data Grids ..

aru4912
      Hello there,
      I have a requirement where based on the response from the backend system (in my case it is salesforce.com), I need to generate multiple data grids (to show data in sections one after another) dynamically. Is this feasible in flex, if so hints pls ?

Arun B
        • 1. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
          ntsiii Level 3
          Certainly. Exactly how you do it will depend on the degree of control you want over the DataGrids.

Simply assign a valid dataprovider to a datagrid and it will display all columns.

If you need more control, you can dynamically build the columns array. I have a simple example of that on www.cflex.net. Search for dynamic columns.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
            aru4912 Level 1
            Thanks for the response Tracy .. actually I wanted to dynamically determine/draw a number of data grids on the panel. for e.g if my response from server for certain action returns no. of products as '2', then I wanted to build 2 data grids dynamically.
            • 3. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
              aru4912 Level 1
              Thanks for the response Tracy .. actually I wanted to dynamically determine/draw a number of data grids on the panel. for e.g if my response from server for certain action returns no. of products as '2', then I wanted to build 2 data grids dynamically.
              • 4. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
                aru4912 Level 1
                • 5. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
                  aru4912 Level 1
                  • 6. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
                    aru4912 Level 1
                    • 7. Re: Dynamic Data Grids ..
                      ntsiii Level 3
                      For that consider using mx:Repeater.
                      Tracy